A planned trail segment will close the gap in the Schuylkill River Trail between the Boardwalk and the Grays Ferry Crescent. Until it opens, you can take SEPTA's route 12 bus, or take the following route:
From the South Street Bridge (southbound to the Grays Ferry Crescent, pictured above):
- Take South Street to 24th Street, turn right
- Take South 24th Street to Grays Ferry Avenue, turn right
- Follow Grays Ferry Avenue around the bend, past the Grays Ferry Shopping Center and 34th Street, to the FedEx parking lot just past Grove Street
- Enter Schuylkill Banks through the blue arch just to the right of the parking lot entrance
From the Grays Ferry Avenue Access Point (northbound to the Boardwalk, not pictured above - routes differ due to one-way streets):
- Turn right onto Grays Ferry Avenue.
- Follow Grays Ferry Avenue, continuing around the bend to Christian Street.
- Turn left on Christian Street. Christian Street dead ends into Schuylkill Avenue.
- Turn right onto Schuylkill Avenue, continue until Bainbridge Street.
- Turn right onto Bainbridge Street, then take the first left onto 27th Street.
- Turn left onto South Street, continue up the bridge. The ramp down to the Schuylkill Banks Boardwalk will be on your right just before the Schuylkill River.
Southbound from South Street to the Grays Ferry Avenue Access Point: 1.7 miles
Northbound from Grays Ferry Avenue to the Schuylkill Banks Boardwalk: 1.8 miles