Donate to SRDC
Help Schuylkill Banks flourish with your tax-deductible donation to SRDC. Donations help support trail maintenance and operations, including litter and graffiti removal, facilitating volunteer programs, providing landscaping and upkeep of plantings along the greenway, developing and maintaining pedestrian and cyclist friendly improvements, and providing recreational programs for the community.
Make a one-time donation:
Sign up to make monthly donations:
SRDC uses PayPal to process donations. By clicking on either of the links above, you will be redirected to PayPal's site in order to complete your transaction. You do not need a PayPal account to make a one-time donation.
Monthly donors: You are in control of your monthly donations, which will be automatically collected via PayPal until you cancel the subscription through your PayPal account. SRDC will send a thank you letter at the end of each year to acknowledge the total amount donated over the course of the year and the impact of your monthly donations on Schuylkill Banks. You can become a monthly donor without a PayPal account by contacting your bank to set up monthly donations. Bank-issued donations should be made payable to Schuylkill River Development Corporation at 2401 Walnut Street, Suite 603, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
Your donation not only helps the trail and greenway, it also provides you with the following benefits:
- Listing in SRDC's Annual Report (you will automatically be listed unless you indicate that you would prefer to be anonymous)
- Two Schuylkill Banks Riverboat Tour tickets ($100 or greater one-time contribution or $10 or greater monthly donation subscription)
- Two Schuylkill Banks Kayak Tour tickets ($250 or greater one-time contribution or $25 or greater monthly donation subscription)
If you would prefer to mail a check rather than sending an online donation, please send your check, made payable to Schuylkill River Development Corporation, to 2401 Walnut Street, Suite 603, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
Other ways to support Schuylkill Banks
The Schuylkill Banks Adopt-a-Bench program offers you the opportunity to honor someone special, commemorate an occasion, or establish a memorial. Your bench adoption includes:
- An engraved 4" x 6" stainless steel plaque mounted on the back of an existing bench along the Schuylkill Banks Trail. Only one plaque will be installed on any bench unless the sponsor specifies otherwise.
- The plaque is guaranteed for a period of seven years. SRDC will replace or clean any plaques that need servicing during this period.
- You can select any bench you want, as long as it is available and suitable.
- Plaques can support up to five lines of text (approximately 16 words). We will work with you on layout and attempt to get you what you want. SRDC reserves the right to approve all text, which must be suitable for a public venue. Line art graphics, including logos, can be included as space permits.
- A certificate authenticating your bench sponsorship.
- Sponsors may conduct a dedication ceremony at the location of the bench.
- Four complimentary tickets to Secrets of the Schuylkill riverboat tour ($100 value). Reservations required.
Bench adoptions are offered at $2,000 per bench. Please call 215-309-5523 x100 or email [email protected] for more information.
Text CLEANGREEN to 1-844-544-7171. After sending the text, you will be provided a link to make your secure donation through the Give Lively site.This transaction will appear on your credit card statement as "Schuylkill River Development Corporation" and is subject to Give Lively's Terms and Privacy.
Charitable IRA Rollover
The Charitable IRA Rollover allows individuals age 70½ and older to make direct transfers of up to $100,000 per year from their individual retirement accounts (IRA) to 501(c)(3) tax exempt organizations without having to count the transfers as income for federal tax purposes. Since no tax is incurred on the withdrawal, gifts do not qualify for an income tax charitable deduction but are eligible to be counted toward an individual’s minimum required distribution (RMD). Directing all or part of your RMD to a non-profit like SRDC provides you with an excellent opportunity to make a gift that will benefit thousands of trail users and will reduce your annual taxable income.
Provisions of the Charitable IRA Rollover:
- Distributions must be made directly to a qualified non-profit by the IRA plan administrator. Retirement assets in 401(k), 403(b), SEP, or SIMPLE plans do not qualify but may be rolled into a new or existing IRA and transferred to the non-profit.
- Distributions may only be made to 501(c)(3) tax exempt organizations and cannot be made to donor advised funds, private foundations, or supporting organizations.
- Distributions may not be used to fund life-income gifts such as charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, or pooled income funds.
If you would like to make a Charitable IRA Rollover contribution to SRDC, fill out this form letter and send it to your IRA administrator. You may also call us for more information at 215-309-5523.
Donor Advised Funds
SRDC welcomes Donor Advised Fund (DAF) grants. Please feel free to call us at 215-309-5523 with any questions about giving through a DAF.
Corporate Donations and Sponsorships
Local companies that are invested in improving the tidal Schuylkill River provide essential operations and capital support to SRDC. Call 215-309-5523 or email [email protected] for information about making a pledge or sponsoring an event to support this vital amenity.
You can give back to SRDC every time you make an eligible purchase on Amazon. Visit smile.amazon.com and chose Schuylkill River Development Corporation as your prefered charity.
SRDC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your gift is tax deductible to the fullest extent provided by the IRS. Official registration for SRDC may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement. Gifts will be listed in our annual report unless otherwise requested by the donor.