Open Contracts and RFPs
BID: Schuylkill River Trail Extension - South to Christian Construction – Phase 2
REQUEST FOR BID FOR CONSTRUCTION OF TRAIL AND GREENWAY:
SCHUYLKILL RIVER TRAIL SOUTH STREET TO CHRISTIAN STREET – PHASE 2
SRDC PROJECT NO. SBSC-002
SCHUYLKILL RIVER DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (SRDC)
2401 WALNUT STREET, SUITE 603, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19103
Issue date: December 13, 2016
Pre-Bid Meeting Date: December 21, 2016
Bid Due date: January 20, 2017
The Schuylkill River Development Corporation (SRDC) seeks bids for construction and landscaping work to complete an approximately 1400 foot-long trail segment along the east bank of the Schuylkill from South Street to the vicinity of Christian Street. The north end of this trail segment will tie in to the southern end of the Schuylkill Banks Boardwalk, which was completed in October 2014, and the existing stair tower to the South Street Bridge. The anticipated limit of construction is approximately 121,476 square feet (2.79 acres).
The Phase 1 contract for this trail segment is finishing up. It constructed the majority of the trail infrastructure but funding was not available to complete all work. The remaining work has been packaged as Phase 2 and includes landscaping, trail furnishings, signage, a small amount of asphalt paving, railings, hardscaping and appurtenant work. Specific work tasks and features are shown in the Contract Documents which are linked in the files section below. The project has a 10% DBE requirement.
SRDC is eager to have this work completed in a timely manner and intends to make a decision and enter into a contract quickly. It is our expectation that prospective bidders are able and committed to begin quickly, with the desire being to have this work completed by July 14, 2017. The Bid Submission date is January 20, 2017.
December 21, 2016, 1pm at SRDC's office (2401 Walnut Street, Suite 603, Philadelphia, PA 19103)
While the pre-bid meeting is not mandatory, contractors are strongly encouraged to attend this meeting. Additionally, contractors are advised and strongly encouraged to visit the project site before quoting to view and assess the project scope, site conditions and limitations. For the convenience of prospective bidders, SRDC and its design team will conduct a walking tour of the site immediately following the pre-bid meeting for any contractor wishing to do so. Questions about the bid and the site can be discussed at that time. The job site is about 3/8 mile walk from the meeting site.
Contractor Contact Information
Contractors who have an interest in this bid should provide SRDC ([email protected]) a contact name and email address prior to the Pre-Bid meeting on December 21. This information will be used to send out Pre-Bid Meeting Minutes, Addenda, and/or answers and clarifications to questions that arise during the bid period.
Questions about this bid
Material questions, such as project clarifications which could affect the bidding, should be emailed to Joseph Syrnick ([email protected]) or Lane Fike ([email protected]) by 4pm on Monday, January 9, 2017; sooner if possible. Answers to these questions will be emailed to all parties who have advised SRDC that they have an interest in this bid and have provided Lucy McDonald ([email protected]) a contact name and email address.
The following documents are available for download as part of the bid package:
- SRTE Phase 2_Project Bid Manual 12.12.16
- SRTE Phase 2_000300 - Bid Proposal Sheets
- SRTE_Landscape Drawings 12.12.16
- SRTE_Civil Drawings 12.12.16
- SRTE_Phase1-Electrical Drawings
- SRTE Preliminary Geotech Report
- Environmental Permits (10 files)
- SRTE Phase 2_Project Bid Manual 12.12.16.pdf
- SRTE Phase 2_000300 - Bid Proposal Sheets.xls
- SRTE_Landscape Drawings_ 12.12.16.pdf
- SRTE_Civil Drawings 12.12.16.pdf
- SRTE_Phase1-Electrical Drawings.pdf
- SRTE_Preliminary Geotechnical Summary Report.pdf
- PADEP NPDES approved permit.pdf
- PADEP NPDES cover ltr.pdf
- PADEP Water Obstruction Permit.pdf
- PAGC Letter - November 2016.pdf
- PFBC Letter 4-18-12 wPNDI.pdf
- PFBC PNDI Clearance 7-21-2014.pdf
- PFBC PNDI Clearance 11-23-2016.pdf
- PHMC Letter - July 2013.pdf
- PWD PCSMP Approval_2013-SCHU-2187-01.pdf
- PWD Record Drawing Requirements_2014.02.10_ver2.pdf